The quality of adult teachers and trainers is seen as a key factor for the implementation of lifelong learning. The network is dedicated to exchanging, comparing and researching professionalisation and professionalism of this group.
Key research fields and questions:
- Competences: Which competences are needed by adult teachers? How are competences and qualifications related in different countries?
- Effects: What evidence can be found concerning the effects of teacher training?
- Accessibility: What role do access regulations and qualification standards play in the adult learning field?
- Curriculum development: What methods and criteria are used for the construction and validation of teacher training curricula?
- Methods: What role do practice vs. theory oriented approaches play in the choice of teacher training methods?