Theory meets Practice: Teacher Training in the Digital Era
Theory meets Practice: Teacher Training in the Digital Era‟ is an exclusive event that fuses elements of three existing conference series and brings together three different education stakeholders namely researchers, teacher trainers and teachers from 51 ASEM partner countries.
THEORY MEETS PRACTICE: TEACHER TRAINING IN THE DIGITAL ERA
The successful implementation of lifelong learning is dependent on the quality of adult teachers and trainers. Similarly, successfully addressing challenges and opportunities which originate from digitalisation of education requires the professionalization of adult educators and teachers. By connecting researchers, practitioners and beneficiaries of education, the conference will tackle interrelated themes and serve as a platform to collaboratively respond to the needs of teachers in the face of ever-advancing educational technology. “Theory Meets Practice: Teacher Training in the Digital Era” will be organised from 8–10/11 September in Zug, Switzerland by the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF), ASEM Education and Research Hub for Lifelong Learning (ASEM LLL Hub), Institute for the Management and Economics of Education of the University of Teacher Education Zug and the Institute for Media and Schools of The Schwyz University of Teacher Education in conjunction with the Research Conference by the ASEM Education and Research Hub for Lifelong Learning (ASEM LLL Hub) and the World Education Leadership Symposium.
PARTICIPANTS FROM 51 COUNTRIES
· 30 education researchers from ASEM LLL Hub Research Networks 1 and 3
· 10 teacher trainers
· 51 secondary, vocational and high school teachers from the ASEF Classroom Network (ASEF ClassNet)
· Skills training and acquisition of practical knowledge on how to harness digitaltechnology in classrooms
· Access to a large ASEF ClassNet network: hundreds of principals, teachers and educators from 51 Asian and European countries
· Establish links between trainers of teachers and teachers through a „theory-practice exchange‟ and develop research-based policy recommendations.
· Identify and map competences of Adult Educators and Trainers required for education and training in the digital era across ASEM countries.
For Teacher Trainers:
· Understand the different requirements and contrasts in education systems across ASEM countries.
· Explore approaches to training from fellow teacher trainers and gain interdisciplinary knowledge by interacting with education researchers.
Expert talks and panel discussions on the theme of teacher training in the digital era.
Researchers, teacher trainers and teachers take inspiration from good practices across Asia and Europe, with a particular focus on host country case studies.
2. Development & Training
Practical workshops and training sessions for actively promoting the theme of development of ICT skills and professionalisation of adult educators and teachers.
Presentations of 6 outstanding ASEF ClassNet Online Collaborations that compete for the annual ASEF ClassNet Awards. Participants vote for the most outstanding ASEF ClassNet Online Collaborations completed during the preceding 12 months.
4. Policy Recommendations
Participants will contribute to evidence based studies which will then be developed into policy recommendations for the 6th ASEM Education Ministers‟ Meeting (ASEMME6) in Korea.
Asian and European researchers, teacher trainers and teachers meet and share perspectives on best practices conducted in their respective countries.
6. Study Visit
From theory to practice: a case study visit to a local school. Participants are invited to learn more about the Swiss education environment by embarking on a study tour that showcases the use of good practices in the field of digitalisation in classrooms
Comments on content: