1st INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF EUROPEAN AND ASIAN RESEARCHERS AND EDUCATORS ON LIFELONG LEARNING FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (I-CEARE 2017)
|Conference Title:||1st INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE|
OF EUROPEAN AND ASIAN RESEARCHERS AND EDUCATORS
ON LIFELONG LEARNING FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (I-CEARE 2017)
|Conference Theme:||“Universities and Communities in Asia and Europe: Creating Meaning for Sustainable Development”|
|Date:||May 12-14, 2017|
|Venue:||Boracay Island, Philippines|
|Organizers:||ASEM LLL Hub, Danish School of Education, Aarhus University|
Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, DenmarkIn cooperation with Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF), National Association of UNESCO Clubs in the Philippines (NAUCP), UNESCO Philippines
|Conference Host:||College of Graduate Studies and Teacher Education Research and Community Partnership and Extension Office, Philippine Normal University|
- Lifelong learning programs for marginalized sectors of society
- Universities’ roles in using teaching and learning, research, and service programs to improve the quality of life of the poorer sectors of society
- Empowering the poor and marginalized in line with responsible research and innovation (RRI)
- Sustainable and healthy learning communities
- Contributions of universities to knowledge creation and co-creation with communities, and best practices in university-community engagement (research on engagement/ reflective practice)
- Life skills development for community/ practitioners
- Sustaining university-community partnerships with a philosophy of equity and equality
- Development of educational programs for the deprived, and underserved (DDUs) communities
- Community partnership for social development and social cohesion
Call for Papers
Deadline for Submission of abstracts: March 30, 2017
The ASEM Education and Research Hub for Lifelong Learning (ASEM LLL Hub), Danish School of Education, Aarhus University, Denmark and the Philippine Normal University (PNU), invite you to submit your abstracts for paper presentations to the 1st International Conference of European and Asian Researchers and Educators on Lifelong Learning for Sustainable Development (I-CEARE 2017).
- This is open to all PhD students, educators, community organizers, and researchers.
- Each presentation will be allotted 15 minutes; 4 to 5 presentations having related topics will be grouped together into a session, and an open forum will be conducted after all the presentations have been made.
Abstract Submission Details
- The file for the abstract should be in MS Word format.
- Indicate the title of the study and full name and institutional affiliation of the author/s (for multiple authors, indicate the name of the presenter; only one presenter will be allowed for each paper).
- Submit an abstract of 250-300 words.
- Only abstracts of completed studies (i.e., with results already) will be accepted.
- To facilitate the grouping of abstracts, indicate which among the themes listed above the study falls under.
- Email the abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading I-CEARE: SURNAME (e.g., I-CEARE: DELA CRUZ).
- Local Participants – P 8,500.00
- International Participants – USD 300
- Active ASEM LLL Hub Research network members are funded by the organizing institutions
(Conference rates are inclusive of food, hotel accommodation, and conference kits)
Day 1 May 12, 2017
|10:00 – 1:00||Registration|
|1:00 – 2:00||Opening Program|
|– The Philippine National Anthem|
– Welcome Remarks:
Dr. Ester B. Ogena, President of Philippine Normal University
Professor Claus Holm, Chair, ASEM LLL Hub, Aarhus University, Copenhagen, Denmark
UNESCO Philippine Commissioner
|2:00 – 3:00||Keynote 1:|
|“Universities and Communities in Asia and Europe: Creating Meaning for Sustainable Development”|
Prof. Michael Osborne, Director of Research and Chair of Adult and Lifelong Learning, School of Education, University of Glasgow, UK
|3:00 – 3:30||Coffee Break|
|3:30 – 4:30||Keynote 2:|
|Lifelong Learning Programs for marginalized sectors of society|
|4:30 – 6:00||Parallel Session 1: Empowering the Poor and the Marginalized|
Day 2 May 13, 2017
|8:30 – 9:00||Registration|
|9:00 – 10:00||Keynote 3:|
|Contributions of universities to knowledge creation and co-creation with communities|
|10:00 – 10:30||Coffee Break|
|10:30 – 12:00||Parallel Session 2:|
|Universities’ role in using teaching and learning, research, and service programs to improve the quality of life of the poorer sectors of society|
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 – 2:30||Parallel Session 3:|
|Life skills development for community/ practitioners|
|2:30 – 3:00||Coffee Break|
|3:00 – 4:30||Parallel Session 4:|
|Sustaining university-community partnerships with principles of equity and equality|
|4:30 – 6:00||Parallel Session 5:|
|Development of educational programs for the depressed, deprived, and underserved (DDUs) communities|
|7:00||Dinner and Cultural Hour|
Day 3 May 14, 2017
|9:00 – 10:30||Keynote 4:|
|Lifelong Learning for Sustainable Development – the Way Forward|
|10:30 – 11:00||Coffee Break and Networking|
|11:00 – 11:30||Closing Program|
|– Closing Remarks:|
Dr. Ma. Antoinette C. Montealegre, Vice President for Academics, Philippine Normal University
ASEM LLL Hub RN 4 Coordinator
For more details about the conference, please visit www.pnu.edu.ph
To register, please go to this site: http://tinyurl.com/I-CEARE2017
Tel: (+632) 3171768 loc. 743
How to go to Boracay Island
1. Take domestic flights to Caticlan (Godofredo Ramos Airport). Participants should take airbuses rather than small aircraft (Philippine Airlines have airbuses). NAIA 3 and NAIA 4 (Terminal 3 and 4) are the airports going to Caticlan. For transfer to Terminal 3 or 4, inquire at the information center of the airport or crews if you travel via Philippine Airlines from abroad, they will arrange your transfer to domestic terminals.
2. There are hotel transfer services available at the Godofredo Ramos Airport (Caticlan). Transfer services include: airport to pier/port, boat trip to Boracay Island, Boracay port to hotel. Transfer fees may range from 500 pesos-600 one way (11-13 USD). The hotel will be announced later.
How to travel to Boracay Island
1. Travel light. We suggest that you limit your baggage to one.
2. Light cotton clothes, flat shoes and rubber shoes will make you comfortable during your travel.
3. In case you have a number of luggages, you can make arrangements with porters.
Temperature in Boracay in May: generally about 32 degrees.
For more information about Boracay Island, please visit the following websites:
COMMENTS ON CONTENT: